How often do you take time to notice the sun?
What do you notice about it?
What does the sun mean to you?
1) Our sun is a symbol of energy. Energy is produced at its core in the form of dense gaseous plasma, at 27 million degrees Faranheit. This density creates nuclear fusion reactions that release energy in the form of light and particles. In Indian Hindu cultures, the sun is the divine rejuvenator. The traditional practice of Prana Yoga or Pranyama, including alternate nostril breathing and honoring Prana as the inner sun (energy) in the heart.
2) Sunlight is the source of life to feed plants through photosynthesis. As plants grow and thrive, they feed Oxygen to our air and nourishment to our diet.
As a symbol of life, the sun exudes empowerment, wisdom, and knowledge.
Our inner energy source, reflects the supreme light of the sun through Yoga both in our own hearts and in the world of nature around us.
3) The sun also brings us warmth. We often run away to vacation in sunny warm places to soak up the warmth of the sun's rays or our excitement builds as spring and summer make their way into the year. We base our calendar around the sun!
The sun can also represent our self that is expressed outwardly. It can remind us to share warmth and love with those around us.
4) The sun represents passage of time. It can remind us to be in the present moment; to act and think in the power of now. We can be more aware of our breath, posture, words, body language, and consciousness. Just as we watch a sunset over the horizon- one moment it is there and in another it is gone.
5) Notice the balance that the sun brings to our lives. The Chinese perceive the sun to be the ultimate Yang. Therefore the moon is the Yin. The sunset brings balance between night and day and brings our eyes attention to where the earth meets the sky. The sunset symbolizes completion of a day’s work of expending our energy and then time to rest.
I hope you find your inner energy and get your daily dose of sunlight!
Questions to ponder:
How is the sun life-enriching?
How can we find balance with the sun?
I'd love to read your answers in the comments section below!